Hydrate for Health
Patient care and recovery.
- Users can drink unassisted thereby increasing independence
- Correct hydration reduces the chance of an array of illnesses and reduces the possibility of infections
Professional care and efficiency savings
- Saves labour intensive staff time
- Accurate monitoring of fluid intake
- Closed system stops spillage
- If just 10% of the Nurses in the NHS saved 15 minutes per day the value of that in increased efficiency would be around £36m per year
- A well hydrated person is less likely to develop secondary problems thus reducing the need for additional drugs
- Good hydration speeds recovery and so frees up beds more quickly offering potentially huge cost savings
- A reduction of just half a day in hospital stays due to correct hydration would show a saving of around £250 per bed per week. With 175,000 beds in the NHS that equates to over £40m per week or OVER £2 BILLION PER YEAR!
This product is the subject of a collaborative agreement with Hydrate for Health: www.hydrateforhealth.co.uk.
Collaboration in progress with allied companies, universities and research organisations in UK, EU, USA, NZ, and ROK, with interest from several others.
Letter of support received from Barts & The London Hospital (BTL).
Partnership Agreement signed with well-established Medical Practice in Melbourne, Aust.
UK Government-sponsored SEHTA grant received, to develop cardiovascular technology with Surrey University.
Represented UK Healthcare Technology Industry at MTANZ medical technology annual conference in Auckland, NZ.